Substitute Teacher (ASRS Retirees Only) - Tucson USD
This Substitute Teacher position is for Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Retirees only. This position is a staffed employment opportunity with Educational Services, Inc. (ESI) in partnership with Tucson Unified School District (TUSD). All substitute teacher duties will be performed at TUSD locations, but ESI assumes the employer of record responsibility.
On-call to provide instruction to students in accordance with established lesson plans and administrator directions. May prepare lesson plans, evaluate, and monitor students’ performance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Retired from Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate
- Teaching Experience
- Verbal & written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization if born in/after 1957.
- Completion of the Substitute Teacher Orientation upon hire
Due to the high volume of Substitute applications, please include an email address for each of your references.
Location – Tucson, Arizona: Varies throughout the district
Substitute Teacher Base Rate: $100/day
Please note that a cover letter and/or resume file are NOT required to be considered for this position.
We will correspond with you regarding your application via email. Please periodically check your spam folder as these emails can sometimes be mis-categorized by your email service.
For non-retired substitutes, please contact TUSD's Substitute Office for more information.
Please provide your personal email address in the application as this is how ESI will primarily communicate with you throughout the hiring process. Please periodically check your spam/junk folder as these emails can sometimes get mis-categorized by your email service.